[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: divx2svcd-0.5.1

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Apr 26 21:07:18 CEST 2004

Hi

On Monday 26 April 2004 19:06, Andriy N. Gritsenko wrote:
[...]
> >>   Hmm. Could you give me an example of such file? At least how it was
> >>generated to copy this behavior.
> >
> >almost any mpeg file with mpeg1video  will cause tmpg to break
>
>     lavc's mpeg1video is sucks - it is not playable by most of players,
> even mplayer has problems with it due to badly formed headers in the
> video stream.
if u know about a bug in lavc mpeg1video and dont report it, it cant be fixed,
allthough i doubt that the video headers from lavc-mpeg1 are wrong, there
isnt much which can be wrong there, and i also have never heard of an issue
with mplayer decoding mpeg1video from lavc, just various issues with other
players which disappeared when the files where muxed with mplex

[...]
--
Michael
level[i]= get_vlc(); i+=get_vlc();		(violates patent EP0266049)