[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: divx2svcd-0.5.1

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Mon Apr 26 19:06:12 CEST 2004

    Hi, Nico Sabbi!

Sometime (on Monday, April 26 at 19:49) I've received something...
>>>b) it video is mpeg2 it would be nice to set  correctly the mpeg1_mpeg2
>>>bit, to make some programs like replex happy
>>   This may be good thing. Another thing may be changing default stream
>>rate if stream is mpeg2.
>yes, and maybe disabling those  rate compliance flags in the system header

    Which ones exactly?

>>>Do you have any idea why TMPG often stops demuxing mpeg files generated
>>>by mencoder long before the end?
>>   Hmm. Could you give me an example of such file? At least how it was
>>generated to copy this behavior.
>almost any mpeg file with mpeg1video  will cause tmpg to break

    lavc's mpeg1video is sucks - it is not playable by most of players,
even mplayer has problems with it due to badly formed headers in the
video stream. Unfortunately. Sometime I wanted to make ve_fame encoder to
make iso-compliance mpeg1 stream but I've given up later.

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.