[MPlayer-dev-eng] YUV support in vo_quartz, status update

Romain Dolbeau dolbeau at irisa.fr
Mon Apr 26 10:39:12 CEST 2004

D Richard Felker III wrote:

> That's one thing, but iDVD doesn't even let you pick _bitrate_!! If
> your movie is > 60 minutes (even just 61 minutes) it forces you to use
> a "90 minute" profile which is low bitrate and horrible quality. This
> is beyond stupid. (Of course, at the same bitrate lavc's mpeg2 encoder
> would give great quality but Apple's is a joke...)

No, it's worse than stupid, it's "marketing". iDVD
is consumer-oriented and used to be free or almost,
and is ATM very cheap. If you want a tiny bit more
control, you have to pay for Final Cut Pro, I suppose :-(

> Also, another piece of brain damage, the software kept trying to
> "convert" my PAL content to NTSC at every step of the process. I had
> to keep reloading and reconfiguring the software before opening my
> source DV to get it to leave it alone!

Sounds like an annoying bug. MacOSX apps like MacOS
apps before them are supposed to remember preference
settings.

--
Romain Dolbeau