[MPlayer-dev-eng] Repeating items in Nut

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Apr 25 02:30:57 CEST 2004

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 03:09:23AM +0300, Ville Saari wrote:
> The number of the repeating items in nut is in some cases specified by
> storing the count before the items (vb values, index arrays) and in
> other cases by storing a terminator value after the items (info items,
> codec specific data in stream header). This conflicts with the simplicity
> goal.
>
> I suggest selecting one of the methods to be used everywhere. The

I'm not opposed to the change, but I'd like to hear Michael's
thoughts. Regarding buffering, I think it's fair to require the muxer
to buffer a single packet before writing it, just not a whole run of
packets. My main objection to buffering multiple packets is that it
precludes live streaming.

Anyway, I don't really care about info packets since I don't like
them, so do whatever you like with them. :)

Rich