[MPlayer-dev-eng] [YAML] Gabucino

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Apr 23 20:31:43 CEST 2004

Arpi writes:

> > > Don't worry, nobody else is leaving.  Bigger projects are like that,
> > > people come and eventually go, generations change.  Such a generation
> > > change is taking place now, or rather has already.  All the people
>
> ok, i just wanted to say, that Alex's "unneeded" comment on the
> homepage is not quite up, as the first 2 mplayer team member (me & gabu)
> were leaving, not some disappeared contributor.

I think Alex just wants to prevent some FUD about MPlayer being dead
now from spreading.  Apparently when you announced your leaving this
caused quite a stir on Hungarian OSS news sites and the same seems to
be the case now.

> actually i don't know about anybody officially leaving the mplayer
> development, only some people who disappeared a lot ago.

Well, Mike Melanson and Nick Kurshev come to mind ;)

> also, a lot of people kept asking me about g2, and sending me g2
> stuff privately, so i decided to write that news enrtry, announcing
> that i'm no longer participating in g2 development.

OK, I understand.  It seemed a bit dramatic at the time, though.

> > > MPlayer is not going away any time soon.  New people are coming aboard
> > > already.  But we could still use some more.  So if you have been
>
> btw, about new people.
> i got 2 cvs account requests today, but i don't know them and what
> part of code (and/or docs?) they should get access to.
> diego, could you summarize it?

There should be three CVS requests floating around:

Syrjälä, Ville		- vo_dfbmga
Plourde, Nicolas 	- vo_quartz
Hidvégi, Zoltán		- vf_filmdint and filters in general

All of them should have access to docs.

Diego