[MPlayer-dev-eng] enrico waigelt

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Apr 21 11:21:43 CEST 2004

Hi,

> Argh, he just sent the message below to me in private. I have nothing to

i also got the same message in priv. although i dont like posting
priv msg to lists, as you already did it, i'll answer here.

> Did he send that to everyone on the list?! That's completely

possible.

> unacceptable and confirms that unsubscribing him was the right thing to
> do.

and i'll ask his email provider to bann his account for spam sending.

===============

> I just wanted you to know, that Attila Kinali has mobbed me out of
> the mplayer lists, because I wanted to discuss with him about why he
> threatened to kick me off the list.
>
> The background was, that he disliked my signature - which was too long

i agree. you should read netiquette.

> I asked him, if it is just for principle or if there is any good
> reason and if a signature filter wouldn't help. I also stated that

the solution to spam is not spam filtering, but sending spammers to jail.
spam filtering is just a workaround.
same applies for long signatures.

> But with his answer he made absolutely clear, that's he's the boss of
> the lists and he doesn't need any good reason to hate my signature.

and it's right.
i gave him the list admins passwords, and i'm satisfied with his work.
he enforces the net and our rules on list members, and he does it right.

> As I then asked him, if he really wants such a childish niveau,
> he just kicked me off the lists @mplayerhq.hu.

because of _YOU_ are childish.
and you've just proven it again, by sending this mail to us.

> Isn't it funny ?

no, you are not funny at all. you are miserable!

> Probly its not good publicity for mplayer ...

huh?

A'rpi / MPlayer, Astral & ESP-team

--
PyMaViS - my answer to worm storm - http://mplayerhq.hu/~arpi/pymavis/