[MPlayer-dev-eng] LinuxTAG 2004: Linux Video Booth

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Apr 18 20:25:39 CEST 2004

Alex sent this mail to the other projects, but it does not seem to
have got through.  Here it is again:

Diego Biurrun and myself from MPlayer are thinking about organizing
this year a big common booth among video related open source projects.

The biggest projects should come and cooperate: FFmpeg, MPlayer, xine,
VideoLAN, Matroska and maybe others I forgot..

I've just asked the Linuxtag organizers about having such a booth, but
at least the xine team knows the way to do it as they had a booth last
year.

What do you think about the idea?

Here you can get some info about Linuxtag:

http://www.linuxtag.org

It will be held on the 23-26 of june in Karlsruhe, Germany.

Alex, Gabu, Atmos, Attila, Jonas and me met there last year, it was
fun.  We also got to know the xine people, that is where the idea of a
common booth was born.  Free software projects get a booth for free
that includes a table and net connectivity.

Alex and I are planning to stay the whole 4 days, it's possible to
sleep there in a hall with a sleeping bag if you do not have
accomodation.

It would be very nice if we could manage to organize some sort of
conference there, so we can meet and talk.  For discussing large-scale
issues there is nothing like face to face communication.

Sascha said he will try to come on IRC, who else is interested in
coming?

Diego