[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayers console output

Bohdan Horst nexus at irc.pl
Sun Apr 18 10:12:15 CEST 2004

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 06:49:59AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Sascha Sommer writes:
>
> Agree fully, MPlayer is too verbose IMHO, I have sent and committed a
> few patches for moving messages to verbose mode myself.
>
> I'd say we can drop the codecs.conf message (and maybe only warn when
> one is loaded) and the CPU information, especially the speed
> detection.  The warning about runtime-cpudetection should stay IMHO.

Reading config file /usr/local/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf: No such file or directory
Reading config file /home/nexus/.mplayer/config
Reading /home/nexus/.mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open '/home/nexus/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
Reading /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open '/usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf': No such
 file or directory
Using built-in default codecs.conf.

imho all above should appear only with "-v" .. :)

best regards

btw libcaca is broken on console .. (even with -quiet) - many messages
corrups output :/

--
 /  irl: Bohdan 'Nexus' Horst  |  irc: Nexus  \