[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayers console output

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Apr 18 06:49:59 CEST 2004

Sascha Sommer writes:
> CPU: Intel Pentium 4/Xeon/Celeron Foster 2839 MHz (Family: 8, Stepping: 9)
> Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
> CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
> Compiled with Runtime CPU Detection - WARNING - this is not optimal!
> To get best performance, recompile MPlayer
> with --disable-runtime-cpudetection.
> Reading config file /usr/local/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf: No such file or
> directory
> Reading config file
> C:/Programme/msys/home/Sascha/release/mplayer/mplayer/config
>
> Reading C:/Programme/msys/home/Sascha/release/mplayer/mplayer/codecs.conf:
> Can't open
> 'C:/Programme/msys/home/Sascha/release/mplayer/mplayer/codecs.conf': No such
> file or directory
> Reading /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open
> '/usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
> Using built-in default codecs.conf.
> c:/windows/fonts/arial.ttf doesn't look like a font description, ignoring
> Cannot load font: c:/windows/fonts/arial.ttf
> Using usleep() timing
> Input config file
> C:/Programme/msys/home/Sascha/release/mplayer/mplayer/input.conf parsed: 53
> binds
>

> This is the typical output when starting a mplayer instance on windows.
> While this is of course nice info I do not like to have it displayed all the
> time.
> What about changing at least some of the config file output and the timing
> info so that it displays only when run with -v?
> What do you think?

Agree fully, MPlayer is too verbose IMHO, I have sent and committed a
few patches for moving messages to verbose mode myself.

I'd say we can drop the codecs.conf message (and maybe only warn when
one is loaded) and the CPU information, especially the speed
detection.  The warning about runtime-cpudetection should stay IMHO.

Diego