[MPlayer-dev-eng] proposal of a dvdnav layer

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Apr 11 00:30:31 CEST 2004

On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 12:19:10AM +0200, Reza Jelveh wrote:
> > So, for DVD playing, please use Ogle, xine of any other player that
> > supports it.
> having another dvd playing software was never an issue for me. i
> just want mplayer to support it. and if that way there will be other
> design issues fixed that would be pretty damn nice imho :)

If you do it by fixing the broken design issues, that will be really
great. What I don't want is lots of stupid hacks on top of hacks to
force dvdnav into an architecture that doesn't support it and makes
MPlayer even more impossible to maintain. So, either implement it
right, or don't do it at all...

Rich