[MPlayer-dev-eng] proposal of a dvdnav layer

Reza Jelveh reza.jelveh at tu-harburg.de
Sun Apr 11 00:19:10 CEST 2004

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 22:49:16 +0100
James Courtier-Dutton <James at superbug.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> dvdnav is a lot more complicated than you are assuming.

in which way?

> As one of the main authors of libdvdnav, I offered to help with
> integrating it with mplayer, but received no contructive feedback.
yeah i know. i guess because there is/was more important/interesting stuff for the main devs to add or fix. or because it wouldnt be worth the effort. but as for me id love to get any help i can.

> interactive video stream like a DVD. With interactivity, you have
> problems of stream changes, whether or not to flush the buffers etc.,
> still image detection and handling.
as for the still image detection and handling thats why i meant that layer before the demuxer to fix handle that.

> So, for DVD playing, please use Ogle, xine of any other player that
> supports it.
having another dvd playing software was never an issue for me. i just want mplayer to support it. and if that way there will be other design issues fixed that would be pretty damn nice imho :)

Regards,
Reza Jelveh