[MPlayer-dev-eng] proposal of a dvdnav layer

Reza Jelveh reza.jelveh at tu-harburg.de
Sun Apr 11 00:10:37 CEST 2004

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:21:12 -0400
D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
> Mouse is irrelevant. You can control menus with keyboard/buttons just
> like a hardware player.
yes exactly i agree thats what i said we should to ignore mouse input of course it would be nice to have that.

> Huh?? Why do you need some hack to mux all this together? And why a
> new layer before vo?? We already have filters for that explicit
> purpose.
ok i didnt know about the filter but so that doesnt seem to be an issue either. the reason why i meant mux it together was that that way we could avoid the still image detection problem.

> This is not acceptable. Many discs don't even have chapters, and users
> would complain incessantly. If you can't support stream switching
> correctly, the best solution is to IGNORE stream switch in the dvd nav
> stuff.
ok i see but since dvds  are only in mpeg2 streams it would be possible to take the next or previous keyframe as reference for switching right? that way we should have no problems restarting the codec?

> No, it's a very hackish and broken way. MPlayer already has enough
> hacks. If you want to add dvdnav, fix all the things in both MPlayer
> and libdvdnav needed to make it possible...
sure thing tell me what issues to fix and do my best. i doubt i can fix many but id be glad to help. :)

regards
reza jelveh