[MPlayer-dev-eng] Uncompressed Quicktime (still) doesn't work

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Thu Apr 8 21:25:08 CEST 2004

Am Dienstag, 6. April 2004 14:24 schrieb Tuukka Toivonen:
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> >> Fourcc: yv12  Codec: 'Quicktime for Linux'
> >
> >yv12 != i420 !

Your patch is definitely not the right way to "fix" this.

If we would apply it, many other fileformats would not be playable and its
just "evil" to map yv12 to I420.

That won't work (or just for that files) and break other things.

> So what? Mplayer doesn't play the file. Your opinion doesn't matter since
> this is a fact. If you (and all other developers) _really_ want that the
> Quicktime is unplayable with Mplayer, then let it be so.

Developers are not from nature "evil" ;-).

Its just at the moment no one has the time / motivation / whatever to look at
that bug report and find a proper fix, that doesn't break other things.

cu

Fabian