[MPlayer-dev-eng] Obsoleted parts / cleanup

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Apr 7 05:38:24 CEST 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 06:25:54PM -0700, Loren Merritt wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 08:28:39AM +0200, Moritz Bunkus wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > Do it.
> >
> > Does the C one work? I had trouble with it not supporting non-default
> > audio streams when the codec/parameters differ between streams.
> >
> > Also I have a mkv file with AAC audio which mplayer can't play with
> > the C matroska code. Not sure if it's a bug in faad or mkv demuxer
> > tho. I'll upload a sample later.
> >
> > Rich
>
> The wrapper for libfaad had a problem with HE-AAC > 3 channels, but it's
> fixed as of last week.

Excellent, that must be it! I'll upgrade. :)

Sorry for being a lamer...

> I've found no other problems with AAC + vorbis in matroska, using the C
> demuxer. (I haven't tried any other mixtures of audio codecs.)
> What particular combination is broken?

6-channel vorbis in audio stream 0, 2-channel vorbis in stream 1. (zx
encode of Eva Renewal with dual audio, if you care)

Actually the most annoying part is that mplayer doesn't honor the
stupid matroska channel mapping stuff, so when it drops down to 2
channels it picks the wrong ones... bleh!

Rich