[MPlayer-dev-eng] NSV demuxer retry

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Sat Apr 3 19:56:03 CEST 2004

On 2004.04.03 19:08, Reza Jelveh wrote:
> hi,
Hi.
I started looking at your old demuxer today, i'll check this one too.
I can confirm the desync problem, and i had a crash with one video-only
sample (don't know if missing audio is the cause of the crash) (file is
deer-210.nsv)

> now here is the more or less working and clean version of this nsv
> demuxer.
> audio/video is sync for most streams ive encountered. however some
> streams like the ones that have fixed fps in their header suddenly
> speed up for some reason.
What do you mean with fixed fps? AFAIK you can't store variable fps
stuff in NSV.

> theres an issue with vp6 which is that vp6 streams will first show
> weird colored mosaic and then after a few seconds show correct
> picture.
Does the stream start with an I-frame? That could be the reason.

> www.nullsoft.com/nsv has some examples. for example that adara sings
> stream clip does work with the ffmpeg vp3 codec but not with the
> binary vp3 or vp4 codec(they will fail at init_video_codec).
> while the nullsoft band samples work fine even with binary codec.
> all music video streams from www.winamp.com are vp5 and dolby vlb
> aac.
> dolby vlb doesnt seem to work(yet). and the vp5 decoding seems kinda
> broken too try it out and see what i mean :).
> my guess would be that some info is missing for initializing those
> codecs... maybe i_bps to calculate the bitrate?
I can be. NSV format was examined soon after it was released, and all
available samples were VP3/MP3.

> however it does work just fine for many winamp tv streams i tested
> (not
> those fixed fps ones tho! they have video speed issues) .
>
> seek is yet to be implemented.
>
> im still looking into that codec problem and the speed issues.
> otherwise this patch is fine id say.
>
> regards,
> Reza Jelveh
Ciao