[MPlayer-dev-eng] #mplayerdev irc channel

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Fri Apr 2 00:58:54 CEST 2004

Arpi said:
> Hi,
>
>> > actually i don't care, i'm no longer a developer.
>> Does this mean that I can finaly fix configure?
> Of course. You _can_. (but you should not)
>
>> You still can/do/ grant and take cvs access:)
> Of course. If any of the developers says your commit was
> wrong, i'll take your cvs access back.
I think that I can argue with other developers about it.
I wasn't able to argue with you - you just didn't
make any arguments in the maillist.
About Gabucino - nobody can argue with him, even diego:)
I won't commit it directly I will send patch. After all
I did so first time.

> And as i was not alone against your configure changes,
> i would think it twice before commit that shit...
Oh, I had plenty of time to think.

> But dont worry, i personally dont care if you commit it
> or not. I'm about going back to mplayer 0.50 times,
> and backport some codecs/filters i use. It was way more
> stable and bugfree than the recent releases...
>
> Now, that i _use_ mplayer instead of developing it,
> i keep finding so many bugs, making my movie viewing
> experience worse.
I think that the only way of developing mplayer is by
using it. Don't forget to send patches ;))

>> BTW. I remember that once you had setup
>> and bug/patch-track system.
>
> I don't even remember :)
>
>> Developers played a little with it and
>> then notthing.
>> Could you set it up and give it real user test?
>
> no
> it was written in some exotic language, and had to
> be modified in source to change db structure, ie
> add tracker types, bug levels etc.
> it was interesting, but i have no weeks nowdays to
> re-learn how to do it.
>
>> If you are developer You will get FREE Op level. You only
>> need to proove it by commiting your info in AUTHORS
>> file on cvs. If your info is up-to-date, then you get
>> it INSTANTLY.
>> If you are not developer, but you had worked HARD on mplayer
>> and you have send patches, and if even one single patch
>> have been commited, then You will get an FREE Voice level.
>
> great.
> and now iive rules the world. and now iive will bann gabucino.
> and me. hurray!
Why should I ban you? You have never ban me.
You even give me op once in #mplayerdev
(I enjoyed these 0.5 seconds)
Of cource you have right to have op in any #mplayredev
channel.

I already gave voice to Gabucino (he have registered nick there).
I would let dalias give op to Gabucino when he
came to the channel.

And yes, I think that irclog bot can come there too.
(but only one) and it have to be named irclog
(or something similar).

Best Regards
   Ivan Kalvachev
  iive

p.s.
For not so skilled with IRC. (like me)

/server irc.freenode.net
/nick <nickname>
/msg nickserv help
/msg nickserv help register
/msg nickserv register <password>
/join #mplayerdev

(if there is mistake in the above, sorry, i'm not very skilled,
but you got the idea;)

If nobody there pays attention to you, you can send me a mail
and next time when I enter in freenode I will add you in the
access list of the channel.
For easy parsing add [IRC] in the subject of the mail.