[MPlayer-dev-eng] #mplayerdev irc channel

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Apr 1 18:57:57 CEST 2004

Hi,

> > actually i don't care, i'm no longer a developer.
> Does this mean that I can finaly fix configure?
Of course. You _can_. (but you should not)

> You still can/do/ grant and take cvs access:)
Of course. If any of the developers says your commit was
wrong, i'll take your cvs access back.
And as i was not alone against your configure changes,
i would think it twice before commit that shit...

But dont worry, i personally dont care if you commit it
or not. I'm about going back to mplayer 0.50 times,
and backport some codecs/filters i use. It was way more
stable and bugfree than the recent releases...

Now, that i _use_ mplayer instead of developing it,
i keep finding so many bugs, making my movie viewing
experience worse.

> BTW. I remember that once you had setup
> and bug/patch-track system.

I don't even remember :)

> Developers played a little with it and
> then notthing.
> Could you set it up and give it real user test?

no
it was written in some exotic language, and had to
be modified in source to change db structure, ie
add tracker types, bug levels etc.
it was interesting, but i have no weeks nowdays to
re-learn how to do it.

> If you are developer You will get FREE Op level. You only
> need to proove it by commiting your info in AUTHORS
> file on cvs. If your info is up-to-date, then you get
> it INSTANTLY.
>
> If you are not developer, but you had worked HARD on mplayer
> and you have send patches, and if even one single patch
> have been commited, then You will get an FREE Voice level.

great.
and now iive rules the world. and now iive will bann gabucino.
and me. hurray!

A'rpi / MPlayer, Astral & ESP-team

--
PyMaViS - my answer to worm storm - http://mplayerhq.hu/~arpi/pymavis/