[MPlayer-dev-eng] Dynamic adjustment of playback rate

Fabienne S fabiennez at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 11:59:27 CEST 2003

Hi Mplayer list,

      First I'm a big mplayer fan, and have installed
it both on my powerbook and on my debian box.  On my
linux computer I have mplayer running for dvd playback
and through a maudio delta 410 audio interface.  I've
been searching through your archives a bit but haven't
seen anyone asking about recoding your -speed feature
to be used while the movie is already playing.  I'm
interested in doing some mplayer development this
month to allow for speeding up and slowing down while
the movie is playing. I'm doing a master's thesis on
dj-ing in more than stereo.  Does anyone know of
anyone already working on using the -speed feature in
real time? How extensive would the changes be to
dynamically adjust the playback rate of codecs
according to keyboard messages?  Is mplayer's existing
architecture going to be able to support reverse
playback?

Thanks so much,
Fabienne
fabiennez at yahoo.com