[MPlayer-dev-eng] cruft removal

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Oct 31 23:51:11 CET 2003

D Richard Felker III writes:
 > On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 08:32:37PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
 > > -- means it has to go
 > > -? means it's new - discuss
 > > +- means there is no agreement yet
 > > ++ means it was rejected
 > >
 > > ___________
 > > remove now:
 > > -----------
 > >
 > > -? etc/inttypes.h
 > > +- HTML documentation (it, de)
 > > -- vf_eq
 > > ++ debian/
 > > -- debian-build/
 > > -- audio plugins (obsoleted by audio filters) except volnorm
 >
 > Agree.

Also with etc/inttypes.h?

 > > +- TVout/
 >
 > Definitely not!

I just had a look, most of these scripts could be collected into one
IMHO.  Anyway, I think this belongs in TOOLS/ as a subdirectory.  What
about moving it?

 > > remove when equivalent available in FFmpeg:
 > >
 > > -- libmpeg2/
 > > -- mp3lib/
 >
 > Why? No one agreed on these. IMO libmpeg2 removal has nothing to do
 > with ffmpeg, but rather with getting upstream libmpeg2 fixed so we
 > don't have to patch it.

I understood that as soon as ffmpeg was just as fast as libmpeg2 there
was no reason to keep it around, but i'll give you the benefit of the
doubt.

 > > ________
 > > rewrite:
 > > --------
 > >
 > > - vo_gl (there is vo_gl2)
 > > - vo_dga
 > > - vo_fbdev (there is vo_fbdev2 and another vo_fbdev in G2)
 >
 > You keep ignoring what's said about fbdev and gl and I don't think
 > anyone's commented on dga...

OK, I should be more clear on this.  I don't know (or care) which one
of vo_fbdev, vo_fbdev2 or vo_fbdev_g2 stays or is removed or merged or
whatever.  Same goes for vo_gl.  I just remember hearing Alex mention
they should be rewritten (and/or that he was planning to do it) and
added these to the list.  I'll just drop the rewrite section, it fits
better in the wishlist and is only causing confusion here.

Diego

List, latest revision:

-- means it has to go
-? means it's new - discuss
+- means there is no agreement yet
++ means it was rejected

___________
remove now:
-----------

-? etc/inttypes.h
+- HTML documentation (it, de)
-- vf_eq
++ debian/
-- debian-build/
-- audio plugins (obsoleted by audio filters) except volnorm
-- TVout/fbset
+- TVout/
-- cleanup TOOLS/

__________________
remove eventually:
------------------

-- pl_volnorm (as soon as Anders finishes port to libaf)
+- HTML documentation (hu, zh)
-- libmpdvdkit2/
++ .raw font support
+- libcss hooks in code and fibmap_mplayer.c

remove when equivalent available in FFmpeg:

+- libmpeg2/
+- mp3lib/
-- libmpcodecs/native/
-- vd_cinepak