[MPlayer-dev-eng] cruft removal

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Oct 31 21:59:56 CET 2003

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 08:32:37PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Here is the updated list, based on the feedback from the discussion.
> etc/cygwin_inttypes.h is already gone, etc/inttypes.h is a new
> contender.
>
> Diego
>

> -- means it has to go
> -? means it's new - discuss
> +- means there is no agreement yet
> ++ means it was rejected
>
> ___________
> remove now:
> -----------
>
> -? etc/inttypes.h
> +- HTML documentation (it, de)
> -- vf_eq
> ++ debian/
> -- debian-build/
> -- audio plugins (obsoleted by audio filters) except volnorm

Agree.

> +- TVout/fbset

OK...

> +- TVout/

Definitely not!

> -- fibmap_mplayer.c
>
> __________________
> remove eventually:
> ------------------
>
> +- libcss hooks in code

fibmap_mplayer.c should be removed at the exact same time libcss
support is removed. No sooner, no later. It makes no sense to have one
without the other, IMO.

> remove when equivalent available in FFmpeg:
>
> -- libmpeg2/
> -- mp3lib/

Why? No one agreed on these. IMO libmpeg2 removal has nothing to do
with ffmpeg, but rather with getting upstream libmpeg2 fixed so we
don't have to patch it.

> -- libmpcodecs/native/
> -- vd_cinepak
> -- vd_cyuv

Agree.

> ________
> rewrite:
> --------
>
> - vo_gl (there is vo_gl2)
> - vo_dga
> - vo_fbdev (there is vo_fbdev2 and another vo_fbdev in G2)

You keep ignoring what's said about fbdev and gl and I don't think
anyone's commented on dga...

Rich