[MPlayer-dev-eng] stay-on-top

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sun Oct 26 15:11:54 CET 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:17:35 +0200
"Tomas Groth" <tomasgroth at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working on a patch to mplayer which makes the player window
> "stay-on-top" using the function "vo_x11_setlayer" defined in x11_common.c.
> It will be activated using the new option "-ontop" (or something like that).
> What are the chances of this patch being included once I finished it? Is
> there a feature-freeze until 1.0 is released or..?

Depends on you, your patch, the constelation of the stars and the weather
on the northpole ;)

What do you want to achive with this patch ?
Why didnt you attach it so we could have a look at it ?

> I have allready made it work with the gui, but i'm unsure where I should
> place the button. Should it be in the menu, or in the preference window -
> and on what page? video? misc? And what about a shortcut key?

Hmm... ask pontscho, the GUI is his domain.

> I think it will work on any driver which uses X11, and so far it works using
> xv, x11 and gl, but it should be easy to make xvidix, xmga, xvmc and xover
> work as well.

It should be supported by all vo modules that use x11, including also gl and gl2.
grep for #include "x11_common.h"

> I've added "if(vo_ontop) vo_x11_setlayer(mDisplay, vo_window,1); " in
> vo_xv.c and vo_x11 as the last entry in "config", simple but effectiv. I've
> succesfully tested the patch under Gnome, KDE, XFce4, IceWM and WindowMaker.

			Attila Kinali
--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu