[MPlayer-dev-eng] stay-on-top

Tomas Groth tomasgroth at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 22 18:17:35 CEST 2003

Hi!

I'm working on a patch to mplayer which makes the player window
"stay-on-top" using the function "vo_x11_setlayer" defined in x11_common.c.
It will be activated using the new option "-ontop" (or something like that).
What are the chances of this patch being included once I finished it? Is
there a feature-freeze until 1.0 is released or..?

I have allready made it work with the gui, but i'm unsure where I should
place the button. Should it be in the menu, or in the preference window -
and on what page? video? misc? And what about a shortcut key?
I think it will work on any driver which uses X11, and so far it works using
xv, x11 and gl, but it should be easy to make xvidix, xmga, xvmc and xover
work as well.
I've added "if(vo_ontop) vo_x11_setlayer(mDisplay, vo_window,1); " in
vo_xv.c and vo_x11 as the last entry in "config", simple but effectiv. I've
succesfully tested the patch under Gnome, KDE, XFce4, IceWM and WindowMaker.

Best regards,

Tomas