[MPlayer-dev-eng] configure vs. configure

Gabucino gabucino at mplayerhq.hu
Sat Nov 8 08:48:46 CET 2003

Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> I confirm that this is bug, and it alwasy have been bug.
No, I think this is a very very useful feature, only autoconf-lamers prefer
the other behaviour.

Do you know how frustrating it is, when autoconf just simply won't _force_
enable the requested feature, just because it's broken detection system
doesn't work? (Rudiger: I'm not interested)

It's much simpler to fix its detection bug in the created Makefiles, than
in the well-known gigantic ./configure mess.

> If you need to enable something which configure test fails
> then the right way is to edit the config.h/config.mak,
> not through configure.
No, that can't be automated. I'm against changing current behaviour.

--
Gabucino
MPlayer Core Team