[MPlayer-dev-eng] configure vs. configure

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Sat Nov 8 02:36:54 CET 2003

Hi,
I didn't replied in previous thread, so i start it again.
The problem
--enable-feature enables feature without test.
I confirm that this is bug, and it alwasy have been bug.
If you need to enable something which configure test fails
then the right way is to edit the config.h/config.mak,
not through configure.

This bug excist from the very first version of configure v2.
I think it was fixed once by mine request.

So e.g
for xv we i have:
echocheck "Xv"
if test "$_x11" = yes && test "$_xv" != no ; then
  cat > $TMPC <<EOF

_x11 is the result from previous test
$_xv != no - this meen that the check is performed if yes or auto is
specified, it is quite clear and reasonable.

Best Regards
   Ivan Kalvachev
  iive

p.s.
I'm making a patch, but I am not bash sript kidde