[MPlayer-dev-eng] Makefile insufficiency

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sun Nov 2 11:09:04 CET 2003

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 02:01:15 +0100
Dan Christiansen <danchr at daimi.au.dk> wrote:

> IMO an even better solution is to activate the line "# .PHONY:
> $(COMMON_DEPS)". It makes MPlayer's Makefile work like most others;
> checking the entire source tree until it finds a change, and
> recompiling if necessary.

IIRC .PHONY is to declare a target as virtual (ie, it doesnt
produce a file). Ie you do fix it with a bug.

> This reminds me of another change I once did to the MPlayer build
> system; to run ranlib immediately after linking a library. The patch is
> attached below - it's edited by hand, but I hope it still applies. It
> contains the above proposed change as well.

1) this patch is outdated (and thus removes some stuff which
it should not)
2) ranlib is only used by libavcodec

		Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu