[MPlayer-dev-eng] What's new in main, against 0_90 ?

Nico nsabbi at libero.it
Tue May 20 21:25:00 CEST 2003

Arpi wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've generated a diff of main and 0_90, it's 4MB, ~170.000 lines...
>(without the DOCS dirs!)
>
>I wanted to select which parts should be backported, but after a few
>thousand lines i gave up... so it ended a whatsnew list, maybe it's usefull
>for sth:
>

>Differences between main and 0_90:
>==================================
>
>Build/generic:
>- DOCS: en/ru translated to XML format
>- dir 'linux' renamed to 'osdep'
>- libpostproc moved into libavcodec
>- '-malign-double' is x86 only
>- cygwin/mingw32 patches
>- multiple subtite files support, runtime switching
>- IPv6 support
>- input: Fxx + numpad keys mapped
>- input: select() is optional
>- -dvd/-tv/etc gone, use prot:// instead
>- various SPU decoder changes
>
>Gui:
>- save winpos
>- some fixes ???
>
>codecs/demuxers:
>- realaudio 14_4 and 28_8 support
>- mpeg-TS demuxer, dvb-in

you know the problems of demux_ts better than me, but until it's fully
fixed I would disable seeking (it's broken).
For normal usage it works quite nicely, but not acceptably for HDTV.

Regarding dvb-in...  I don't know why the current maintainers prefer to
keep in cvs something  that is totally broken
and don't update the code with my patch (which contains fixes, clean-ups
and the implementation of selection via menu).

Another thing that is broken in cvs is mpeg_muxer: it doesn't mux mp2 audio.

>- tv://: brightness/etc options, mjpeg support
>- matroska demuxer
>- theora codec support
>- ffmpeg: indeo3, asv1, h263, svq3, vp3 support
>- win32 codecs: vss*, wma9v2 (0x163), ra 14_4/28_8
>- liba52: unaligned getbits(?) support
>- hwac3: DTS support
>- ac3 vs. dnet byteswapping cleanup
>- vf core: slices support
>- libmpeg2 upgraded to 0.3.1

gives me problems when seeking in TS; on the other side ffmpeg12 works