[MPlayer-dev-eng] vo_xv broken

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu May 15 20:57:11 CEST 2003

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 08:09:49PM +0200, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> looked further, I found out that still lot of vo's depend on the
> swscaler :(
>
> mga_common.c:#include "../postproc/rgb2rgb.h"
> mga_common.c:   sws_rgb2rgb_init(get_sws_cpuflags());
> However it only calls that, but doesn't uses the rgb2rgb stuffs.

This is NOT using swscaler, just one function (interleaveBytes) needed
to pack the G200's framebuffer properly. The only way to remove this
dependency without totally MAIMING performance on G200 is to add a new
imgfmt for it and make vf_scale output that format, while passing the
Y plane through in DR mode. If you can do this, feel free.

> vo_fbdev.c:#include "../postproc/rgb2rgb.h"
> And this also -- this needs to be fixed! Any volunteers?

I already disabled the swscaler usage, which wasn't working. Now it's
just super-slow, since it doesn't support DR or slices with rgb...

Rich