[MPlayer-dev-eng] vo_xv broken

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu May 15 20:41:00 CEST 2003

Hi,

> today I came across a huge bug.
> The problem: -vo xv crashes togethet with vd_lcl (-vc mpzlib) playing a
> test movie avizlib_sample.avi (it crashes after draw_image). It plays
> fine with -vo x11.
>
> So I looked at that draw_image, and there's inside an exception against
> BGR24, AHHA, so it calls rgb24toyv12 natively! Why does it supports

it comes from 2 years ago, i was the evil who put that 'hack' in...
in that times other vos included yv12->rgb converetrs, so i've added
rgb2yv12 to vo_xv to make it usable for rgb-based codecs.

> that? Anyway, that should be fine - disabling it, everything worked
> (-vop scale got called).

of course that is very obsolete and should be removed.

> Then I ran -vo xv with an mpeg1 together with -vop format=bgr24,
> to see if -vo xv works with bgr24, and it does! Why? Becouse the new
> swscale calls sws_rgb2rgb_init() once, so the rgb24toyv12 will be set.

lol

> Michael: what should be the proper wise? I vote for removing all
> the conversions from the vo's.

i support that

> Also vo_x11 needs a cleanup, as it uses swscale, but that's ok,
> using swscale is a bit better than using those rgb2rgb funcs.

hehe, it's a good question.
swscale usage in some vo's is required, as g1's api doesn't make it
possible to use feedback window resizing events to -vop scale.

it was discussed ~half year ago, with some ideas, but then it was
forgotten. i'm designing g2 vf/vo api to solve this by default.
(control RESIZE_SRC/RESIZE_DST)

> btw, have you seen this (http://cdslash.net/gallery/trinity) yet?:)
> (sshnuke 10.2.2.2 -rootpw="Z1010101" ownz!)

not yet
but i've just read at HUP that she used nmap too :)
(the nmap author was very surprised at the cinema :))

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu