[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] division by zero in draw_osd() ??? [sig8]

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Fri Mar 28 08:29:01 CET 2003

Hi,

When I tried to watch a vcr recorded movie with MPlayer with the following
config:

vo=mga
fs=yes

#ffactor=0.1
osdlevel=1
framedrop=yes
dr=yes

I've got sig8. According to gdb it was caused by:

Program received signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
[Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 3906)]
0x080aa235 in draw_osd () at mga_common.c:48
48          vo_draw_text(mga_vid_config.src_width-mga_vid_config.src_width*vo_panscan_x/(vo_dwidth+vo_panscan_x),mga_vid_config.src_height,draw_alpha);

So, maybe this is a division by zero error, or something similar.

As far as I can follow developmenting, a patch was commited for mga+panscan
OSD positioning or something similar, maybe this new patch caused the
problem? Sorry I've no time to check anything ;-( only reporting at least
some useable facts (like gdb output of the crash).

[ALSO, - though I'm very unfamiliar with Xv - with xv vo, there is no picture
just a nice blue window (so colorkey colored). It's strange because last
I've checked xv it worked for me. But at least no crash only no picture ;)]

--
- Gábor (larta'H)