[MPlayer-dev-eng] help, uncompressable video stream

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Mar 20 10:09:26 CET 2003

Hi

On Thursday 20 March 2003 07:32, Joey Parrish wrote:
[...]
> > btw, what exact commandline args, res, ... did u use?
>
> The video is at 680x332, and I used vcodec=mpeg4, then I added
> vbitrate=4 (which made it slightly smaller output, but still
> ridiculously large), then I added preme=2, then vme=1 (neither of those
> had a noticable effect), then I played with vqmin, vqmax, mbqmin,
> mbqmax, vrc_eq, all to no avail.  I'm pretty clueless.
hmm what filesize do u get for each of the following, 2.6G is really a bit
huge, perhaps its a bug ...
-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=31
-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=400
-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=31 -ssf lgb=1 -ssf cgb=2 -vop scale
-lavcopts vcodec=huffyuv:vstrict=-1:vpass=1:pred=2
-lavcopts vcodec=huffyuv:vstrict=-1:vpass=2:pred=2

[...]

Michael