[MPlayer-dev-eng] help, uncompressable video stream

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Thu Mar 20 07:32:11 CET 2003

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 12:50:00AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> u could try some blur (-ssf lgb= ...)

> > > certain options I can use to get it a reasonable size?  Even with
> > > preme=2:vme=1:vbitrate=4 I still get bitrates that are ridiculously
> dont use vme=1 !!

okay.  I honestly don't understand hardly any of lavcopts.  :)

> btw, what exact commandline args, res, ... did u use?

The video is at 680x332, and I used vcodec=mpeg4, then I added
vbitrate=4 (which made it slightly smaller output, but still
ridiculously large), then I added preme=2, then vme=1 (neither of those
had a noticable effect), then I played with vqmin, vqmax, mbqmin,
mbqmax, vrc_eq, all to no avail.  I'm pretty clueless.

As for other codecs (ms rle, etc.) that might have a better time with
this stream... does mencoder have any way of doing those?  I tried vfw
encoding briefly, but gave up quickly when my first few attempts caused
segfaults.  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
--Joey