[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPCF proposal

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Mar 13 00:16:51 CET 2003

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 01:50:11AM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> Somehow the MPCF discussion seems to have died off... So here's what I
> propose:
>
> 1) Anyone who has remaining complaints or issues that haven't yet been
> resolved with MPCF should post them now, and they should be discussed.

One other issue I'd like to raise, if it's not already clear... As I
understand it, the index only stores keyframes. For video-only files
this is clear, and I assume for audio-only files, every packet is a
'keyframe'. But what's the plan for audio+video muxed? Should the
index only point to audio packets that begin along with video
keyframes? Or maybe audio shouldn't be indexed at all, and we should
just rely on the requirement that files be interleaved in order, so
that the player just starts with the first audio packet after the
video keyframe when seeking...

Rich