[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPCF proposal

Luis.F.Correia Luis.F.Correia at seg-social.pt
Tue Mar 11 16:00:29 CET 2003

>> file format exists, no matter who good and awesome it is.
>so lets stop all development as theres noone who will port foobar to
windows?

I didn't say that!

For example, all of my friends that windows complain for the immense ammount
of
codecs that one can install on the machine, and never know, which one works
in
that particular movie.

The I introduced them the ffdshow filter plus ac3filter and _ALL_ said that
the
filters i have arranged worked perfectly.

Then I said, 'it is good because it was made by someone that knows how to
work '
the Linux developers!

>even if the format isnt used directly but others (matroska/mcf?) just
borrow
>some ideas its still usefull IMHO as we end up with better formats at the
end

I was not arguing if the format is better or not...
I'm just saying that the intended audience will be somewhat short...