[MPlayer-dev-eng] latest mingw network patch

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 11:08:01 CEST 2003

On Saturday 07 June 2003 13:39, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > is there anything that's stopping this mingw_network_4.diff from
> > getting applied? if so, let me know so i can fix it :)

Sorry, I'm really busy nowadays...
I quickly looked at the patch and I look ok, but I fully agree with Arpi
on the 2 following comments he made.

> Alex was working (reviewing) it, and anyway networking stuff belongs to
> Bertrand. (I'm just reviewing demux_ts as i know that code well and
> divx5.05 patch as it had mpi issues so i've asked Alex not to commit until
> i check. i don't plan to come back to do all g1 patch reviewing:))
>
> Anyway after a quick look on your patch, my ideas:
>
> - instead of #undef DATADIR, we should rename DATADIR to MP_DATADIR or so
>   (just like the STREAMING -> MPLAYER_STREAMING rename done recetly)

(was STREAMING -> MPLAYER_NETWORK )

So yes, please change the DATADIR define to MP_DATADIR or MPLAYER_DATADIR

> - maybe
> #ifndef HAVE_WINSOCK2
> #define closesocket(x) close(x)
> #endif
> and changing socket closes to closesocket() is easier
> than #if closesocket() #else close() #fi everywhere

I second that.

Please, make this changes and I will try to find some time to test it.

Bertrand