[MPlayer-dev-eng] latest mingw network patch

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Jun 7 13:39:10 CEST 2003

Hi,

> is there anything that's stopping this mingw_network_4.diff from
> getting applied? if so, let me know so i can fix it :)

Alex was working (reviewing) it, and anyway networking stuff belongs to
Bertrand. (I'm just reviewing demux_ts as i know that code well and divx5.05
patch as it had mpi issues so i've asked Alex not to commit until i check.
i don't plan to come back to do all g1 patch reviewing:))

Anyway after a quick look on your patch, my ideas:

- instead of #undef DATADIR, we should rename DATADIR to MP_DATADIR or so
  (just like the STREAMING -> MPLAYER_STREAMING rename done recetly)

- maybe
#ifndef HAVE_WINSOCK2
#define closesocket(x) close(x)
#endif
and changing socket closes to closesocket() is easier
than #if closesocket() #else close() #fi everywhere

but imho don't change until maintainers agree...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu