[MPlayer-dev-eng] Danish localisation (was: Near a release (patches, call for translations))

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Jun 5 13:21:37 CEST 2003

Dan Christiansen writes:
 > Inspired by this thread, I took a look at the Danish translation. I

Inspired developers, wonderful :-)

 > found a lot of English transliterations into words that don't exist in
 > Danish ("codec" being one, "enkoder" another), bad grammar here and

[...]

 > Of course, if you disagree with my changes, feel free to ignore them.

You are the Danish translator, you're the boss unless another Danish
speaker has objections.

I have one objection, though: You changed Lyd-codec back to Lyd-Codec,
which was the reason I rejected your last patch ;-)

No, seriously if you prefer Lyd-Codec, by all means change it.  Just
make sure you use it consistently.

Another thing: You seem to have translated codec by formater, which is
probably the same as (German and English) format.  Please be aware
that we make a difference between (container-)formats like avi and mov
and (video and audio) codecs.  A container format like mov might come
with SVQ1 video and QDM audio, while another might contain SVQ3 video
and AAC audio.  If you are aware of the difference and convinced the
new translation is better, then I will guide myself by your word.

Shall I commit the patch as-is, without the Lyd-Codec change or do you
want to come up with another one?

Diego