Feedback! Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Offer of help to get me started

Struan Bartlett struan at NewsNow.co.uk
Wed Jun 4 13:32:18 CEST 2003

Balatoni Denes wrote:

>Hi!
>
>Thank god this last mistake could be easily corrected.
>

>>Well you just made the added mistake of burying this (quite long and
>>confrontational) email at the bottom of an existing thread, rather
>>than starting a new thread. Perhaps that's for the best, though, so it
>>won't incite a flamewar...
>>
>>Rich
>>

>btw regarding the mail - this has been discussed before,  STFA ! :]

Thanks Balatoni!

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware this had been discussed before.

As to searching the fucking archives, I can't see any automated search
facility on http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/. Is this
where you expected me to look? If so, there's 82Mb of raw archives. Can
you remember roughly when it was discussed, or any keywords that might
help me grep for it?

I observe that if, after the last time this was discussed, the
significant concerns raised and their outcomes had been placed in a
highly visible 'Introduction to Developers' section on the web site,
then I would have noticed it and read it. My need to write on that topic
again, your need to read it and reply to it, my need to search the
fucking archives and ask you where or when, your need to read the email
and reply if you can, my need to download up-to 82Mb of raw archives (I
pity the contributor on a dial-up) ... could have been entirely avoided!

Have you considered using a wikiweb for helping collate, organise and
publish this kind of information? My company uses TWiki for precisely
these purposes and it has proved highly effective. Or are you about to
tell me you've already discussed it - and I should search the fucking
archives!?! ;-)

Kind regards,

Struan