[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Mplayer unable to play MPEG2-TS over RTP (Was: Mplayer as a Client for VideoLAN server)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Jul 20 22:44:08 CEST 2003

Hi,

> >could you please describe what is teh problem exactly?
> >ie with what parameters mplayer is run and what demuxer is used with what
> >settings? i dont really understand why does demuxre buffer overrun without
> >-nosound or -novideo or audio/video codec failing?
> >

> I reproduced Rett's configuration on my pc: VLS streaming a TS file via
> rtp to 127.0.0.1:1234 (his was a  multicast configuration),
> then ran
>
> ./mplayer sdp://file.sdp        (many A/V corruptions)
>
> and after that
>
> ./mplayer sdp://file.sdp -dumpfile x.ts -dumpvideo
> (A/V data is multiplexed as TS on demuxer->video, which when run without
> -dumpvideo sends its data to demux_ts)
>
> now I can see that the dump is totally broken.

Ugh. Now i see why do you want to link demuxers.
So it's a bug in either the server, or the demux_rtp.cpp (live.com mess)

Btw if it's an raw rtp streaming, why don't you use rtp:// url's?
(it works at least with dvbstream streaming)

> In a previous mail  Rett wrote that following this method his videodump
> was a perfect copy of the original TS file,
> so hopefully  his tests will help better to understand the problem.

hmm

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu