[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Mplayer unable to play MPEG2-TS over RTP (Was: Mplayer as a Client for VideoLAN server)

Nico nsabbi at libero.it
Sun Jul 20 22:30:30 CEST 2003

Arpi wrote:

>huh?
>how is it related to *framedrop? it isn't.
>even with -(hard)framedrop the demuxer is called to read frames, so i dont
>understand the problem then.

sorry, I hadn't thought of it.

>could you please describe what is teh problem exactly?
>ie with what parameters mplayer is run and what demuxer is used with what
>settings? i dont really understand why does demuxre buffer overrun without
>-nosound or -novideo or audio/video codec failing?

I reproduced Rett's configuration on my pc: VLS streaming a TS file via
rtp to 127.0.0.1:1234 (his was a  multicast configuration),
then ran

./mplayer sdp://file.sdp        (many A/V corruptions)

and after that

./mplayer sdp://file.sdp -dumpfile x.ts -dumpvideo
(A/V data is multiplexed as TS on demuxer->video, which when run without
-dumpvideo sends its data to demux_ts)

now I can see that the dump is totally broken.
I don't know if this is due to too much traffic on my lo interface or
something else.
Unfortunately I don't have another pc to use as client-only.

In a previous mail  Rett wrote that following this method his videodump
was a perfect copy of the original TS file,
so hopefully  his tests will help better to understand the problem.