[MPlayer-dev-eng] Streaming ASF and Title/Author headers

Adam adam at 0wnzed.us
Sun Jul 20 16:26:32 CEST 2003

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, Bertrand Baudet wrote:

> Which protocol are you using. Is it MMST or ASF/HTTP?

its a MMST Stream.

> What is the radio URL?

That I really would rather not give out over the list, granted its a
premium/paid service

> You can't query the server for the track name.
> It depends on the way the radio is streaming. Is it a live brodcast that
> is also streamed over the internet? Or is it a playlist that is only streamed
> on the net?

its a Play list, I am not trying to Query, per-se, the
server for the
track name, as I understand how this is working, when the song comes on,
it sends the track info that mplayer can read? (granted if I got it
*RIGHT* when this header was sent, mplayer would probably grab it fine.

The requirements is that you use MSWin to play this (obviously) with media
player, in this, its a activex call (as far as I can tell) that gets track
name and title pulled off the stream, it only grabs it when a song starts,
that is how I can safely assume everything I can, otherwise I am not sure
how it works ;)

> In the firt case, I don't remember seeing a way of updating the tittle.
> For the last case, they can setup on the server side to stream as a live
> stream from a playlist, or to stream tittle by tittle. Streaming tittle by
> tittle will send the ASF header for each tittle. Which is not the case  for
> the live stream. The trouble by sending tittle by tittle is that you need to
> reset the ASF parser with the new info from the header. The new tittle
> can be encoded with another codec, so you will have to close the previously
> used one and reopen the new one.

well, this may be a dumb question, but cant be programmed  to "grep" this
data out of the stream every time its passed and decode it into a variable
that can be printf'ed? you shoulent *have* to restart the codec just to
get new header info, at least how I am looking at this situation.

> I don't know how to handle that in mplayer. I never had time to dig to find a
> solution.
>
> Bertrand

Thanks for the reply.

 -- Adam