[MPlayer-dev-eng] Streaming ASF and Title/Author headers

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 11:41:11 CEST 2003

Which protocol are you using. Is it MMST or ASF/HTTP?
What is the radio URL?
You can't query the server for the track name.
It depends on the way the radio is streaming. Is it a live brodcast that
is also streamed over the internet? Or is it a playlist that is only streamed
on the net?
In the firt case, I don't remember seeing a way of updating the tittle.
For the last case, they can setup on the server side to stream as a live
stream from a playlist, or to stream tittle by tittle. Streaming tittle by
tittle will send the ASF header for each tittle. Which is not the case for
the live stream. The trouble by sending tittle by tittle is that you need to
reset the ASF parser with the new info from the header. The new tittle
can be encoded with another codec, so you will have to close the previously
used one and reopen the new one.
I don't know how to handle that in mplayer. I never had time to dig to find a
solution.

Bertrand