[MPlayer-dev-eng] writing video output plugin

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Wed Jul 16 15:05:54 CEST 2003

Vrihad Shoonya said:

> I am writing an output plugin for mplayer which
> would be able to make use of h/w mpeg(1/2) decoder
> available in SiS550 chipset based board. The
> company I work with got the required kernel
> drivers, libs and api details after signing an
> NDA with SiS.

I'm working on XvMC support in mplayer. XvMC is the common API for
mpeg1/2 hardware acceleration under X. You can take a look at
http://www.xfree86.org/~mvojkovi/
and from XFree86 documentation /sources
XFree86 comes with i810 driver for XvMC.

XvMC support in mplayer is commited and  ATM i am working on the
modifiactions that should be done at decoder side. ( i have it working
without
any major bugs)

There is another way e.g. VIA's CL266 people had choose:
They had bought some mpeg decoder and modified it to use their hardware
acceleration (some kind of s3 savage). The libary is feed with PES packets.

BTW what is the state of SiS driver in XFree86?

[...]