[MPlayer-dev-eng] writing video output plugin

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jul 16 14:21:19 CEST 2003

Hi,

> would be able to make use of h/w mpeg(1/2) decoder
> available in SiS550 chipset based board. The

> This library requires video in YUV4:2:0 format. Is

huh?

yuv 4:2:0 is the _decoded_ format, so then what does
the hardware mpeg decoder do, if it requires software
decoded yuv data?

you probably mix overlay driver and decoder ?

> it the format used in mplayer when a VCD or DVD is
> played? If not, then what are the format conversion
> functions available here?

its handled by vf core, you only have to accept
yuv420 (fourcc YV12) in query_format. read libvo.txt!

> I am pretty new in coding video applications. So some

i see...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu