[MPlayer-dev-eng] vo_mpegpes_t->data format

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jul 15 09:56:44 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I'm trying to implement a new vo_??.c "driver" for mplayer, so it can
> use VIA's cle266 h/w mpeg2 decoder. But i need some information about
> the data format given to me in the draw_frame() function. I use
> vo_dxr3.c as a template.
>
> Just as with dxr3 i get mpegpes, but after some time searching the web
> and printing bit patterns, i've given up. I even tried the mplayer IRC
> channel, but in vain. So if anyone knows about the data format i'd be
> very pleased to get some info.
>
> static uint32_t draw_frame(uint8_t * src[])
> {
>          vo_mpegpes_t *p = (vo_mpegpes_t *) src[0];
>
> src[] is a vo_mpegpes_t type alright, but the problem is
> vo_mpegpes_t.data in the struct.

it contains a single video frame in mpeg ES (elementary stream) format.
see mpeg 1/2 standard documents for the actual bitstream syntax.
it is supposed to be sent as-is to the hardware decoder.

if your hardware is not capable to receive mpeg-es stream (nor mpeg-ps or
-ts) then it's not an hardware mpeg2 decoder just some kind of mpeg
acceleration (like XvMC for hardware accelerated idct/mc).

afaik the via boards doesnt have real decoder, just xvmc-capable s3 vga chip.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu