[MPlayer-dev-eng] DVDNAV update wanted ?

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 24 17:00:05 CET 2003

 --- Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> a écrit : > Hi,

> > I would start to re-enable the support of dvdnav with the current
>
> you mean enable dvdnav support in ./configure by default? no.
no, I know this, we had a discussion about this, and I gave the info
that it was enabled by default before you disabled it :).

I would only be able to use the latest and fixed version of dvdnav.
if we can, just use the better to avoid failures, such as you do with
ffmpeg cvs.

> > Would a patch for this be accepted ?
>
> probably yes, after 0.90
> but anywya dvdnav NEVER worked in mplayer and enver will, due to
> design issues. either mplayer or dvdnav needs heavy rewrites/redesign
to get
> them work well together. i'm going for the former...
this isnt my point of view. most problems were due to libdvdnav if you
use xine on a machine that supports it, it hasnt got problems.

even it isnt accepted into the tree I will try to do it, as the needed
update seems to be minor. note that dvdnav support is a huge source of
success for xine.

=====
Sylvain Petreolle
spetreolle at users.sourceforge.net
Fight against Spam ! http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
ICQ #170597259

"Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus, in "Matrix".