[MPlayer-dev-eng] GIF help needed

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Wed Jan 22 23:34:29 CET 2003

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 11:14:15PM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> > On Arpi's suggestion, I made another patch where GIF demuxer colormaps
> > it all into RGB24 and outputs raw RGB.  (Instead of sending indexed
> > values to decoder and having decoder map them to RGB24.)
>
> no!
> i didn't said that output RGB24. I said that output RGB8 + palette!
> and leave it to the filter layer to convert to bgr24 or yuv or whatever the
> vo wants.

Ah, yes.  Sorry.  But I had even more trouble getting that to work than
getting RGB24 to work right.  I figured I'd use RGB24 for simplicity at
least long enough to hunt down my the real problem.  For testing's sake,
is this acceptable?

Also, I tried using my blit stuff from the my vd_gif just to blit the
RGB24 output, and it is still broken.  Thus, I've at least eliminated
the possibility of vd_raw being a problem.  It must be somewhere else.

Otherwise, I'm stumped.

Thanks,
--Joey