[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Some cleanup about mencoder.

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Sat Jan 18 18:27:32 CET 2003

    Hi, Arpi!

Sometime (on Saturday, January 18 at 19:13) I've received something...
>btw it's on the TODO to make streaming server features later, at least we
>have few possible sponsors who would pay for that work.
>and it definitly requires mutiple demuxers (for muxing to same format but
>different bitrates at the same time).

>and anyway, even if we will never support more than one muxer at the same
>time, removing reentracy & thread safety and introducing globals is just
>bad evolution. we should do the opposite...

Ok with it. Then we have to change vf_instance_s->put_image to
int (*put_image)(muxer_t *, struct vf_instance_s *, mp_image_t *);
Anyway mencoder_write_chunk() must be removed - it's big hole! I don't
like to write new ve_*.c with that, I don't want multiply that buggy
thing.

    Be happy!
    Andriy.