[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Some cleanup about mencoder.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Jan 18 18:18:37 CET 2003

Hi,

>     Just see what I said before - it was about _multiple_ muxer (yes,
> about multiple container/output files) at once but it wasn't about

yes

btw it's on the TODO to make streaming server features later, at least we
have few possible sponsors who would pay for that work.
and it definitly requires mutiple demuxers (for muxing to same format but
different bitrates at the same time).

and anyway, even if we will never support more than one muxer at the same
time, removing reentracy & thread safety and introducing globals is just
bad evolution. we should do the opposite...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team