[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] Some DVDs don't play ...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Jan 12 00:07:43 CET 2003

Hi,

> DEMUXER: Too many (4096 in 8271622 bytes) video packets in the buffer!
> Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
> For .AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.

the usual still image thingie

> This stupid dvds have audio just starting after there has been many
> video-frames ...
yes i know

> -sb <somebignumber> seems to fix it, but it is no nice solution ... :-( (Dunno
> if A/V Sync is correct, but I don't think so ...)
not nice but no better

> PS: I think this should be fixed before 0.90 so please add to TODO :-(
no it cannot be fixed without MAJOR rewrites, since it's a design issue
(mplayer assumes that there are video+audio (always) or video only or
audio only, but not mixed these)

btw -chapter 2 usually fixes it for tehse discs

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team