[MPlayer-dev-eng]

William R Sowerbutts will at sowerbutts.com
Wed Jan 8 02:12:59 CET 2003

Hi,

I've tried using -ao oss but the audio skips and jumps and repeats blocks and
generally sounds pants. -ao alsa9 fails completely; the hardware I'm using
only supports output as ten 32-bit little endian channels. -ao sdl is the only
mechanism that produces audio that I can actually listen to.

If it is an SDL issue, why would playing via stdin vs playing from a file
directly influence the A/V sync?

If you would like me to provide you with a sample MPEG, please email me
off-list and I will provide you with a URL.

Thanks,

Will